Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Shops at Lakemoor : No Moor?

I was driving to work this morning and as I passed 120, I noticed that the sign for Shops at Lakemoor had been removed. I didn't recall any wind storms that would have blown it down, so I wondered if it was true that there wasn't going to be enough room for two big shopping centers in the area considering the current state of the housing market and economy. I contacted the leasing agent with Tucker Development and he stated that the project was still a go and that they were working on securing the anchor (Wal Mart?). He said he'd have more information before the first of the year.

First of the year? Things sure are developing slowly. Assuming Volo Village Marketplace breaks ground this summer as expected, they're going to have a good head start.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would expect this to be a major blow to Lakemoor. Lakemoor is a small town that for some reason keeps annexing all proprties for no good reason. They allow large developers to come and build there yet if somthing goes worng they will not take the blame/responsibility to finish the job. They simply sit on their high horse and expect things to fix themselves. What a waste of the tax payers money.

Anonymous said...

As a follow up to your comment, the wind storm associated with the thunderstorms to our south the other day did in fact blow the sign down. There were a couple official reports of wind damage to the National Weather Service in Wauconda as well.

I noticed the sign was laying halfway on Route 12 as I approached 120 the same time the high winds were moving through.

Regardless, as mentioned in previous posts several months back, they are struggling with the Shops of Lakemoor due to a variety of issues.

Also, as far as Volo Village Marketplace, a board member mentioned that Target was requiring one additional requirement that the board had to recently address. This should be cleared up now.

Hope this helps clear up any confusion about both developments.

Anonymous said...

By the way, it sounds like a Walgreens may be the first to sign on at Route 12and Route 134.

Rob said...

Walgreens? I take it they would move from their other location just 2 minutes further up 12 in Fox Lake? That would actually be great for me. I hate that store! I'd go out of my way to Lake Zurich before I'd go to that one.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to both of these projects. It will be great to have major retailers closer to home rather than having to go to Gurnee or McHenry - although I am quite fond of the SuperTarget on Route 60 in Mundelein.

Anonymous said...

is there ANY updates on the lakemoor or volo projects at 120 & 12? there is still signage on both lots but no action :(